Twelve of the 29 preserves Westchester Land Trust owns have trails and are readily accessible to the public year-round free of charge. Enjoy meadows, forests, wetlands, scenic vistas and the natural beauty that makes Westchester and Putnam counties a special place to live.
Easy, moderate, and challenging trails are available throughout WLTs service area.
So get out there! Take a hike!
Want to wander through a meadow of wildflowers?
Is a wooded preserve with long winding trails more your speed?
Lace up your boots and hit the Westchester Wilderness Walk/Zofnass Family Preserve in Pound Ridge.
What about a preserve with a truly remote feel?
The Danner Preserve straddles the towns of Yorktown and Putnam Valley spanning Westchester and Putnam counties.
Visit a Preserve
Click on the links for a description of each preserve, a basic trail map, and directions via Google Earth.
- Tom Burke Memorial Preserve, Bedford Hills
- Danner Family Preserve, Jefferson Valley
- Frederick P. Rose Preserve, Lewisboro
- Guard Hill Preserve, Bedford Village
- Hemlock Brook Preserve, Yorktown
- Hunter Brook Preserve, Yorktown
- Love Preserve, Lewisboro
- Old Church Lane Preserve, South Salem/Vista
- Otter Creek Preserve, Mamaroneck
- Pine Croft Meadow Preserve, Waccabuc
- Rock Shelter Preserve, Lewisboro
- Westchester Wilderness Walk/Zofnass Family Preserve, Pound Ridge